
Many of you know, I'm doing an internship program again this summer out here in the D.C. area. What many of you may not know, is that included in this internship program, are intern events, such as: field trips. So far, we've gone on two, and we're going on a third one this week. The first, was the to the Kennedy Center. The Kennedy Center is a performing arts venue with 6 different stages. What you might not know about it though, is, that it's also an art museum! I bet you would've never guessed. Also, the building was a tribute to the late President, and as American as he was, the building barely is. Almost everything in that venue was a gift from another country. Now, many of you might think, well that's very generous of all these countries to recognize one of our greatest (questionable...) presidents, but I on the other hand find it a little ironic that an American tribute to an American president doesn't contain many American materials. Next: We went to the Strathmore this week. This was a cool venue, though it is mainly devoted to classical music and music (for the most part) alone. Beautiful place, I recommend seeing a show there (though I have yet to do so myself). Apparently it has world-class acoustics. In any case, what I'm finding after having been to these two venues, is that, I really don't care about the place. I just want to see a good show in a comfortable place, whether that be on the lawn of some outdoor amphitheater or a box seat at the Met. I'm more into the entertainment than what goes into it, and maybe that's a bad thing, but hey, let me enjoy my fun! So, next time you're signing up for an internship, find out if you too get to go on field trips!

1 comment:
this post is one long paragraph. break it up Eleeeeeeena.
Post a Comment