Sunday, August 10, 2008

It's That Time Again

The internship is over. I shot the Gypsy Kings two Friday's ago to round out my summer. But, lucky for me, Wolf Trap is hiring me on to shoot four more shows before their summer season comes to a close, so Chris Isaak, here I come tomorrow night! Oh, and I got published again, though the review for the show wasn't so pretty...

So, now what? Now, I start looking for a real job. The quest begins all over again. I have found 5 job openings, basically for the same position, in various cities around the country. Today I applied for 4 of them. Though, one is a position to be a university photographer at Tufts. We'll see. Hopefully some more positions open up over the next few weeks. Until then, it's photographing plants time for me.

I just got back from a nice little vacation to Boston on Monday night. See picture above. It was nice to see my friend Julie. She came here to visit back in May, so it was a good way to bring the summer to an almost end. I watched more volleyball than I ever thought I would. And that includes the Olympics, too. Back to Boston.. In case you ever go, check out Mike's Pizza in Davis Square (make sure to get Sicilian style), Mike's Pastry in the North End (crazy good gelato), and Haymarket for some nice fresh produce. Other than that, Boston is like your typical east coast city. OLD. I suppose you could check out the Freedom Trail too if you're into Paul Revere and that sort of thing.

Ugh, I love the Olympics. That Usain Bolt is one crazy kid. I really want to know how quickly he could've finished that 100 meter dash, had he not given up 15 meters out to soak up all the glory. Someday I'll get to go to the Olympics as a photographer. That'll be damn sweet. Speaking of the Olympics, I gotta catch up on the stuff I DVR'd while I was gone. Peace!

No comments: