I moved into a new apartment (as seen above). I turned 25. I started an after-school AmeriCorps program called FAN that works with foster youth in SE D.C. I interviewed with U.S. News and World Report and got rejected for an internship. I went to Virginia Beach. I applied for a countless number of jobs I haven't heard back on. Yeah, I'd say that about sums it up.
Moving along. Sarah Palin's book is out, Going Rogue. I want it. My mother refuses to buy it for me and I refuse to buy it for myself, so who's going to get it for me? I'm totally fascinated by the woman. She's famous for being a media magnet for her idiotism. I feel bad for the woman, all the while still admiring her. I don't know what it is about her... a certain jena se qua.
Oprah announced she'll be leaving her talk show September 2011. I think that's pretty awesome of her considering her following. I'm sure she'll go on to do something even more awesome. She's a pretty inspiring lady if you ask me.
Anymore strong women I can think of to mention?? Hmm... No. But, I can mention this. The Fort Hood shooting. That was seriously f-ed up. I work for a military newspaper as you may know and one would expect that we would run SOMEthing on the subject. But no, my newspaper did not. Don't ask me why because I couldn't tell you. I tried my damndest and was just shot down. Sorry, bad choice of words. In any case... I felt like someone should've seen it coming. Or even better yet, Mr. Hasan, being a psychiatrist-in-training should've been able to identify the signs that he had the intent to harm someone and turn himself in. But, we also know that people with these kinds of plans would have no reason to do so. So, I put this one on the Army, specifically the peeps at Walter Reed. I would hope that he had his own shrink to talk to after absorbing all the horrifying stories of soldiers coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan. That's a tough job and it's amazing he was able to do it, but clearly something inside him finally snapped and he couldn't take it anymore. That's enough about that.
To end on a happy note I'd like to make an announcement to my readers in the D.C. area. If you're around the day before Thanksgiving, Wednesday, Nov. 25, stop by Fat Tuesday's in Fairfax, Va. and come see DeVille play. They put on a pretty good show and they'll all have nice, fancy new looks to debut.

No comments:
Post a Comment